There’s lots going on these days. It’s keeping me too busy to write much of substance lately. But, here’s a little glimpse into a few of the things that have got me pretty excited right now (in no particular order).
- The Lord keeps adding to our number. We ran out of chairs again yesterday in our Sunday morning service. I’ll need to ask the school to begin to set more out for us. Several people have indicated that they’re interested in becoming members and sticking around. How encouraging!
- We’ve had some pretty awesome visitors lately. Over the past two weeks we’ve been blessed to fellowship with saints from sister churches in Toronto, as well as those who’ve travelled from Saskatchewan, BC, and England.
- It’s been such a blessing to witness the prayerfulness and enthusiasm of Paul McDonald as he begins his ministry at GFC. It’s contagious and I can’t wait to see how God is going to use Paul in our midst.
- I’m excited to begin our evening series on the spiritual disciplines. I anticipate it will be a special time in the life of our church as we learn to pursue God even more earnestly.
- I’m really looking forward to our new small groups starting up in just a few weeks. Those are always used of God to do great things in the life of our church.
- I haven’t preached the past two Sundays. It has been a blessed break and I’m thankful for it — but man, I’m excited to get back into the pulpit! Especially since I’ve been studying 1 Peter for a while now. I’m praying that the ministry in this next series will be out of the overflow of all that God’s doing in my heart as I prepare for it.
- I’m playing hockey again this winter for the first time in a while. Man oh man, I’ve missed it. I just hope I don’t stink as bad as I’m anticipating I will. I’m pretty excited to have some guys from church joining me on the team this year as well. We’re hoping God opens some good doors for evangelism.
- We are starting a new Fighter Verse schedule this week. For the first time we’re trying to match our memory verses with the teaching schedule in such a way that our memorization will help each week by reminding us of what we’ve just heard on Sunday and what we’ve been learning together. I’m excited to give it a try and see how it works!